Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur are coming up on September 17 and 26. Since Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New year, here’s a list of resolutions:
- I want to attend shul more often. The first Friday of the month is the youth service at Beth Meyer Synagogue. There’s usually a lot of music and fun, plus, it’s a quick service.
- Continue using Libi Eir (our mikveh) for niddah and stress relief.
- I have wanted to move towards being more shabbat observant and one of the steps is having shabbat dinner. I’d like to plan a monthly potluck dinner as well, which could be integrated into shabbat dinner with friends.
- I want to lose weight and have been trying to control my diet with the help of a dietician. I also want to be more consistent with exercise at the Y.
- I have a history of anxiety disorder and little symptoms are showing up again. I’m starting to address this with help from counseling.
- I want to see my friends more. I have one friend who’s moving to Canada [she didn’t move…yay] and another who I think of everyday. We desperately need some catch up.
- I want to be more patient with others. My husband, daughter, and other family as well as co-workers and friends.